Thursday, April 9, 2009

rowdy boys & good theater

Well, Charles Dickens really knew what he was talking about when he said that it was the best of times and the worst of times. And the Seattle Children's Theater really knew what they were doing when they performed and adaptation of A Tale of Two Cities. Who can forget Madame LaFarge? It was fantastic and fourth graders were duly impressed by the stage guillotine and even better accompanying sound effects. The only thing more entertaining during my time as a parent volunteer driver and chaperone for the field trip was having three insane 10 yr. olds in the back seat, wearing sunglasses and yelling, "Rumplestiltskin!" out the windows. Besides that, I'm getting much closer to the real first page of my first novel, Nerissa's Awakening. Of course, it's probably the fiftieth version, but I am not daunted. It's kind of exciting, actually, and that only confirms my suspicions that I am a glutton for punishment. Born to be a writer, I guess.

No comments: