Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Inspired by Holly Cupala

I'm just back from the local chapter meeting of SCBWI here in Seattle and I have to say that Holly Cupala inspired me. She's gorgeous, she's bubbly, and she makes getting an agent look like a breeze. But I am not fooled. She has put a lot of work into getting to where she's gotten. She has paid dues. What I am grateful for, is that she is generous with her experiences and willing to cheer the rest of us on. We all need voices telling us we CAN do it. I feel that it is also a duty of mine: to encourage writers to keep writing. It can be a cruel world for artistic types and we have to stick up for each other. So three cheers for Holly and all the writers out there. As Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never give up." Now get writing.

1 comment:

holly cupala said...

Winter, I just saw this - how very kind of you! I'm so glad to hear what I said was helpful. Believe me, I have benefitted from the many generous people at our WWA chapter who have shared their stories and expertise. Yes, never give up. Words to live by. xo