Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hungry?

Good news, no broken ankle. Even better news, no sleep. Okay, very little. I had just started a friend recommended novel (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins of Gregor the Overlander fame) over lunch, fifty pages into it, and knew I wanted more, but the rest of the day was still before me and plenty to keep me busy. I had to wait until midnight to get in bed with the promising hardcover. Believe me, I did NOT get any sleep until about 5:30 am because I didn't want to put it down. It was very captivating. Fun speedy mind candy read and pretty tight writing as well. Stephen King in his EW review does point out that some things happen quite conveniently, but I'm willing to forgive the transgressions because the story is so strong. Yes, suspend some disbelief for the big prize. Anyway, big recommendation, and it would make a great PG-13 movie in the hands of a skilled director.

No comments: