Thursday, April 16, 2009

books, of course

What I've been reading: I'm going to make another plug for The Hunger Games because it lingers in my brain; always a good sign. It makes you wonder how long you would survive if you were thrown into an arena with 23 other teens to kill off.

I just started The Stand, which, well, it's captivating, but I'm beginning to wish I had the edited version in my hands. I think it needed the editing. So I started another book: The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S.King (nice name!). 23 pages on and I'm liking it. Unique, not shy about implied or direct violence OR well-placed profanity. I'd be fine with my teen reading it. It was suggested by the YA Edge blog and I'll check in soon to see how the discussion is coming along.

Other than than that, there are several books waiting for my precious attention and they will just have to be patient. On to revisions!

No comments: